HOW TO APPLY
The recommended steps for applying for a position at Immanuel Lutheran College are as follows:
Step 1: Read the Advertisement
- Carefully read the advertisement, as it will provide you with important information.
Step 2: Read the Job and Person Specification
- Click the link on the information in the College website to locate the Job and Person Specification which details selection criteria and information about the role; and
- Read the information carefully before writing your application.
Step 3: Address the Selection Criteria
- It is recommended you treat each criterion as equally important, and address each one individually and thoroughly.
- Be brief and to the point using positive language. If you have been responsible for something, use active language (e.g. 'I implemented...', rather than saying 'A system was implemented').
- Provide examples and figures to support your achievements (e.g. number of staff supervised, results of the changes you made).
- Strengthen your application by attaching evidence of your claims, such as samples of your work or written evaluations of your work.
Step 4: Your Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Attach a curriculum vitae / resume to support your application, including: Contact details: title, full name, address and telephone number for both during and after work hours, email address.
- Educational qualifications relevant to the duties and selection criteria for the position (title of qualification, subjects / majors studied, institution).
- Relevant work history (most recent jobs should be listed first) including names and addresses of employers, positions held, length of time in each position, major duties, responsibilities and achievements.
- Membership of relevant professional associations (if applicable).
- Relevant extra-curricular activities and achievements (e.g. relevant voluntary or community work).
- Contact details for at least three referees who can comment on your suitability for the position.
Step 5: Combine the Documents
- Clearly state the position for which you are applying
- Address the selection criteria – applicants who do not address the selection criteria in their application will not be considered.
- Attach a current copy of your curriculum vitae / resume.
- Combine all of the documents as a PDF
Step 6: Send your Application
- Only electronic applications will be accepted.
- To ensure your application reaches the selection committee, quote the title of the position in the subject line.
- Make sure your application is submitted by the advertised closing date – late applications may not be accepted.
- Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Sonya Hill, EA to the Principal for further information T: 07 5477 3465