Discover. Achieve. Belong.
Immanuel is a leading independent school enrolling now for 2021 and beyond. Innovation is at the core of our programs blending classroom, wellbeing, co-curricular and online experiences throughout each of our student’s learning journeys. Learning should be an adventure and the formula for how we do this, is a key point of difference and the secret to our success. We believe that every child deserves exceptional teachers and a place to belong, and with excellent academic and co-curricular opportunities, we focus on the whole child; because at Immanuel, the whole person is the whole point.
Come visit us and discover what makes Immanuel one of the most progressive schools on the Sunshine Coast. Discover. Achieve. Belong, at Immanuel.
- Immanuel’s beautiful 23-hectare campus via two new CDC (Buslink) services that go directly to the College. There will be upgraded services to Immanuel via Mooloolaba and Alexandra Headland and a new service from Palmview. The Palmview service will travel directly through Harmony, Sippy Downs, Brightwater and Mountain Creek.
- Excellence in education via co-curricular activities like Immanuel’s Coding Club which uses LEGO™ Mindstorm EV3 devices that teaches coding and robotics from a young age. In the Secondary School, Tello drones are used from Year 9 when students are given the opportunity to use them in Business for project-based learning as well as for popular co-curricular activities across Years 7-12.
- The bush tucker available in Immanuel’s rainforest via our soon to be opened boardwalk. As stewards of the environment, a number of initiatives were implemented when ILC’s Environmental Centre was opened in 2019, including a $50,000 recycling centre run by our ECO Club. The Environmental Centre is the first of its kind for a school on the Sunshine Coast.
- Our 24 music ensembles – including recording studio – and private lessons available for students studying strings, woodwind, brass, keyboard, vocals and percussion. 20 students placed 1st, 2nd and Highly Commended in the 2020 Sunshine Coast Junior Eisteddfod.
- Immanuel’s outdoor education program that commences from Year 2. The aim is to build confidence, resilience and critical thinking skills.
- That all ILC Year 10 students have the unique opportunity to participate in the College’s 4-week program at our second campus, the Mt. Binga Outdoor Education Centre. Operating for nearly 40 years, ‘Binga’ is a unique point of difference. There’s nothing quite like it.
- An excellent education. For 42 years, Immanuel has been producing graduates who are highly competent, well-grounded and achieve their goals. Within the Class of 2020, 18% achieved an ATAR above 95 and 31% achieved an ATAR above 90. Our dux achieved an ATAR of 99.9 and 85% of graduates received their first round university preferences.
- The opportunity to flourish. On average, 98% of graduates achieve their first or second university preference.
- Exceptional teachers. Nine Secondary School teachers are Confirmers or Endorsers under the new ATAR system. This means they are recognised by the QCAA (Queensland Curriculum Assessment Authority) to complete quality assurance on assessment from other schools.
- Excellent facilities: two outdoor multi-purpose courts – one floodlit – an indoor stadium with dance studio and weights room, an aquatic centre with two heated swimming pools, two playing ovals, a custom designed Music and Drama Centre with stage and industry standard sound and lighting special effects equipment, a lecture theatre and modern, well equipped library.
- Exceptional sporting opportunities; 5 Grand Finals in water polo, touch and basketball in three weeks including two premierships in the top division in touch football. Many other sporting opportunities exist in soccer, netball, athletics, swimming and rugby.
- To a community with an integrated learning management system called SEQTA which ensures parents, students and teachers can track each student’s individual learning journey.
- To a community where relationships matter and an excellent wellbeing program and the world-renowned The Rite Journey™ is offered to all Year 9 students.
- To a community that regards social and emotional wellbeing as just as important as academic success. Immanuel is the first school on the Sunshine Coast to have a therapy dog placed by Guide Dogs Qld. in the school for the benefit of children and families in the Immanuel ELC right through to our Secondary School.
- To a community that organises renowned community events like the Immanuel Arts Festival, Voices on the Coast Literature Festival and Fruehlingsfest Spring Fair. Belong, to Immanuel.