Environmental and Indigenous Support Officer
An exciting opportunity is available for a dedicated and experienced Environmental and Indigenous Support Officer to join the Immanuel Lutheran College community, commencing immediately until the end of this year.
Requirements of the Position:
- Understanding and experience in environmental management of similar area
- Ability to liaise with external agencies such as the University of the Sunshine Coast, Sunshine Coast Council and other not-for-profit agencies to develop partnerships with ILC in curricular and co-curricular initiatives
- Preferred experience in developing partnerships with local Indigenous people, along with cultural programs aimed at building knowledge and understanding within the ILC community
- Administrative office principles, practices and clerical procedures including excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service excellence
- Experience in developing environmental educational resources for classes and ECO Club activities
- A high level of personal motivation and energy with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diversity of groups and individuals
This position is an active role. Much of the work is delivered in the Eco environment and across the College site, and the role holder should be comfortable with outdoor physical work. This is a 0.4FTE fixed-term, part-time (across two or three days), term-time contract until the end of 2020, with a potential extension to 2021.
The Job and Person Specification is available here. Applicants must be supportive of the aims and Christian ethos of the College. Electronic applications including the names of three current referees should be sent to:
The Principal, Immanuel Lutheran College Email: email@example.com
Applications close 4pm, Wednesday 19 August 2020
- / -
Outside School Hours Care - Educator
Applications are invited to apply for the above position of Educator with Immanuel Lutheran College – Outside School Hours Care.
The Educator will:
- Assist with the provision of a high quality, care and a play based education program, that meets the needs and interests of school-aged children.
- Work in a small team, demonstrating initiative in the planning and implementation of a leisure based activity program.
- Comply with best practice principles to provide a safe environment and promote the wellbeing of children.
- Develop and maintain positive partnerships with families, children and colleagues
- Address the criteria above demonstrating how you have fulfilled these requirements
- Have a suitability ‘blue card’
- already hold or be willing to obtain a First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis Certificate
- be enrolled in either a Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Education or a Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care or equivalent
To apply, applicants will:
Relevant award rates and conditions will apply.
Applications, including a copy of your CV and a letter of application should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org