Primary School Redevelopment
To cater for the needs of growing families on the Sunshine Coast, Immanuel Lutheran College is redeveloping its Primary School with $9 million being invested in new buildings and facilities. Expected opening of Stage 1 is at the commencement of 2018.
The redevelopment will deliver state-of-the-art teaching and learning spaces, replacing and enhancing facilities that were constructed in the late 1970s. While there has been some refurbishment over the years, there is a need for new, agile learning spaces in response to the demands of 21st century teaching and learning practices.
Immanuel’s College Council has committed to triple streaming the Primary School which requires additional classroom and specialist areas to cater for the projected growth, as well as better support the full implementation of the Australian Curriculum.
The project will include a new, purpose-built facility incorporating Years 1 and 2 learning spaces and indoor/outdoor experiences. The next part of the project is the refurbishment of existing facilities which will create additional learning areas alongside essential administration and support staff spaces.
Key features of the redevelopment include:
- $9 million in new buildings and facilities as part of the College’s existing 23 hectare campus
- A new purpose-built facility incorporating Years 1 and 2 learning spaces
- Increased room sizes (incorporating indoor and outdoor space)
- Flexible classroom furnishings deemed essential for our new educational environment, including a 1:1 iPad program
- 21 general learning areas to cater for children in Prep to Year 6, as well as specialist teaching and learning areas to allow for full implementation of the Australian Curriculum in the Arts, Health and Physical Education, Languages and Learning Enrichment.
- Additional greenspace for civic and recreational areas