Privacy Collection Notice
1. The College collects personal information, including sensitive information about students and parents or guardians, before and during the course of a student’s enrolment at the College. This may be in writing or in the course of conversations. The primary purpose of collecting this information is to enable the College to provide schooling to the student and to enable the student to take part in all the activities of the College.
2. Some of the information we collect is to satisfy the College’s legal obligations, particularly to enable the College to discharge its duty of care.
3. Laws governing or relating to the operation of a school require certain information to be collected and disclosed. These include relevant Education Acts, and Public Health and Child Protection laws.
4. Health information about students is sensitive information within the terms of the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act. We may ask you to provide medical reports about students from time to time.
5. The College from time to time may need to disclose personal or sensitive information to others for administrative, safety and education purposes. This includes to other schools, government departments, state authorities, medical practitioners and people providing services to the College, including but not limited to specialist visiting teachers, sports coaches and volunteers.
6. Personal information collected from students is regularly disclosed to their parents or guardians.
7. Secure measures will be taken for the storing of information with service providers situated out of Australia (eg in the ‘Cloud’).
9. Information held by the College will be either de-identified or destroyed when no longer of use to the College.
11. As you may know, the College from time to time engages in fundraising activities. Information received from you may be used to make an appeal to you. It may also be disclosed to organisations that assist in the College’s fundraising activities solely for that purpose. We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
12. On occasions, information such as academic and sporting achievements, student activities and similar news is published in College newsletters and magazines [and/or on our website]. Photographs of student activities such as sporting events, school camps and school excursions may be taken for publication in College newsletters and magazines [and/or on our website]. The College will obtain separate permissions from the student’s parent or guardian prior to publication.
13. We may include contact details of students and/or parents in class lists and our College parent directory, the “Buzz Book”. Parents may elect to opt out of these listings by providing notice in writing to the Receptionist/Administration Assistant located in the College’s Main Administration Building.
14. If you provide the College with the personal information of others, such as doctors or emergency contacts, we encourage you to inform them that you are disclosing that information to the College and why, that they can access that information if they wish and that the College does not usually disclose this information to third parties.