Parents and Friends of Immanuel
Welcome to Immanuel’s Parents and Friends Community. Our role is to offer support to Immanuel Lutheran College in its work with our children; build community by fostering relationships amongst families; and provide financial assistance to projects and services undertaken by ILC and its students. Our P&F enjoys a mutually beneficial and respectful relationship with the College and works closely to best support the wellbeing and development of everyone in our community.
P&F meetings are held once a month between February and November, from 6.00pm to 7.00pm in the Environmental Centre. We welcome you to join these meetings to hear the progress of the College and discuss the P&F’s plans.
Meeting dates for 2022 are:
- Wednesday 16 February
- Wednesday 16 March
- Wednesday 20 April
- Wednesday 11 May
- Wednesday 15 June
- Wednesday 20 July
- Wednesday 17 August
- Wednesday 14 September
- Wednesday 19 October
- Wednesday 16 November
The P&F Executive consists of the following members:
- Chair – Aimee Finch
- Vice Chair – Rosalyn Barlow
- Secretary – Saskia Samuels
- Treasurer – Tony Ramsay
We encourage parents and carers to connect through volunteering opportunities at the College and social events hosted by the P&F throughout the year. We are always looking for volunteers to lend a hand with:
- Food for Families – this is a program where volunteers come together to cook meals for those in our community who are going through a difficult time, perhaps illness, and are then distributed by the College’s pastoral care team.
- The Immanuel Arts Festival
- Primary and Secondary School Tuckshop
- P&F Committee
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please fill out the application form.
Class Parent Representatives
A really important part of the Immanuel P&F Community is our group of Class Parent Representatives. These volunteers organise social events for their respective year levels, maintain the year level Facebook pages with important reminders and updates, and assist the College with our events.
If you’d like to join your child/ren’s year level Facebook page, or chat to the Parent Representative, please contact Lauren Nielsen, Community Relations and Event Coordinator on T: 5477 3419 or E: email@example.com.
Through the tireless work of our volunteers, and monies raised at the Immanuel Arts Festival and Fruehlingsfest, the P&F has been able to provide funding for projects and initiatives at the College. Examples include:
- Upgrade of the College bus shelter to an all-weather facility for students
- A worm farm for the Primary School Eco Club
- Sponsorship towards Voices on the Coast Literature Festival
- Sponsorship towards Shrek The Musical
- Resources for a school in Parapet and Community Rehabilitation Centre in North Sumatra, Indonesia that ILC staff and students work closely with
- Financial support provided for Immanuel students chosen to represent the region in representative sport
- Sponsorship of Immanuel’s German and Music and Dance Tours.
If you have any questions about the Immanuel P&F Community, or you would like to get involved, please contact Lauren Nielsen, Community Relations and Event Coordinator on T: 07 5477 3419 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org.